Returns & Tax Policy
Umtha is committed to making sure our customers are completely satisfied with their purchase and adheres to the Consumer Protection Act of South Africa. We gladly offer a 14-Day Return Policy.
WRONG ITEM / SIZE ORDERED: Notify us here. Please indicate whether you will post it back or whether you would like us to collect, in which case a minimum courier charge of R55 will be levied. Please note we do not collect at a PO and your delivery must be marked “door to door”
UMTHA MISTAKE: Notify us here. We will collect and send you a replacement item at Umtha’s cost.
- Umtha can only accept returns of merchandise purchased from our website. Products purchased at another retail outlet will not be accepted.
- Damaged merchandise will be refunded or exchanged at no additional cost provided this is done within 6 months from date of delivery.
- All sale items are considered final sale and not returnable.
- Returns for items must be made by the customer via insured post. Once we receive the item(s) back we will inspect. If the item is faulty, we will replace at no extra cost to the customer.
- If it is a simple return for a wrong item, it must be returned via insured post door to door. We will send the customer a replacement item plus raise a minimum courier cost of R55.
All credits will be refunded to the credit card used at the time of return. Please allow 5-7 days after receipt and inspection of the returned items for proper credit. Umtha reserves the right to refuse any returns upon final review, if all the above guidelines have not been met.
Umtha is based in South Africa and VAT is included in the price of the item on retail sales. Wholesale prices exclude VAT.
Umtha is committed to serving our customers with the highest quality of jewellery, service and value at our online store. We are constantly striving to improve your online experience and would love to hear your suggestions and criticism. We invite you to tell us what you like, what you don’t like, and your ideas on how we can improve your overall shopping experience.
If you have any questions regarding these policies you may contact us at
Tel: +84 522 0180
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
Information we collect when you browse umtha.co.za website:
- Your computer’s IP address
- Browser type (IE, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
- The pages you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
What we ask before you are able to place an order with us:
- Name and Surname – These are mandatory.
- E-mail address – For delivery of electronic or online products/services and invoices. You will also receive updates on new products and promotions if you have opted to receive our newsletter.
- Telephone Number – So that we may contact you should there be a query in regards to your order.
- I.D Number – This is an important step when registering with umtha.co.za that helps us to prevent fraudulent activity
- Company – Not necessary, but this assists us when dealing with orders.
- Your Address – For invoicing purposes.
- Delivery Address – We do not deliver to P.O boxes (except through the Post Office), therefore we require an address to which goods may be delivered.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Please note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please e-mail stop to email@example.com
How do we protect your information
- Our website is securely hosted by ……? on the latest hardware at one of ….? state-of-the-art data centres. These facilities provide redundant power, fire suppression and excellent physical security.
- Payments are handled by third-party service providers, therefore, none of your payment information is stored with us. Once payment is made, only the outcome of the transaction is communicated to us – such as the success or failure of payment.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose any information to third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by Umtha, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve the issue.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
This policy was last modified on 04.09.2013
Tel: +27 84 522 0180