Umtha is committed to making sure our customers are completely satisfied with their purchases, and adheres to the South African Consumer Protection Act.
1) Umtha can only accept returns of merchandise purchased from our website. Any other merchandise must be returned to the supplier from whom it was purchased.
2) Cooling off period: If you change your mind about your purchase you may return it, at your expense, for a full refund within 5 business days of receipt. Please send your parcel by insured post, through the Post Office.
3) Defective items: You may return the item, which we will examine for defective materials or workmanship. You may request a repair, replacement or refund, within 6 months of purchase.
4) Customer error: If you ordered the wrong item or size, you may exchange your purchase within 10 business days at your expense. Please send your parcel by insured post, through the Post Office. In addition a 15% handling fee on the cost of the returned item will be charged.
5) Umtha error: If we sent you the incorrect item, we will collect it and send you the correct one, at our expense.
6) For any of the above, or other concerns, notify us here.
Please note: All credits will be re-funded to the credit card used at the time of purchase.
Please allow 5 business days after receipt of returned goods, for quality inspection.
Umtha is based in South Africa and VAT is included in the price of the item from retail sales. Wholesale prices exclude VAT.
Umtha is committed to serving our customers with the highest quality of jewellery, service and value at our online store. We are constantly striving to improve your online experience and would love to hear your suggestions and criticism. We invite you to tell us what you like, what you don’t like, and your ideas on how we can improve your overall shopping experience.
If you have any questions regarding these policies you may contact us at
Tel: +27 (0)21 671 9036
Fax: +27 (0)86 210 4015